help with a song

L

lisa burrell

some friends of mine work in store and over store radio they are playing a tune that everyone wants to to know what its called and who its by. They cant hear what the words are. The song is a Ballard and sung by a group of men they think Quote They say sounds a bit like song from mash. and the only clue they give is in the middle of this song there is a trumpet.. and towards the end these men or group of voices sing harmony against the trumpets any one any ideas please you make a load of girls very happy. Sorry the descriptions very sparse.

Garrett

Know if it somthing modern or from a bit back ie what station were they listening to?

The harmonys sound somthing in the region Henry Mancini does, he also did a version of MASH as well.

L

lisa burrell

Hi Garrett Thanks for that

No this tune there on about is being played constant In fact they all wait for it to come on. Because its a store radio and they obviously have there work to do customers to attend to.. that's the difficulty.. but as i said above the key factor of this tune its sung softly has a trumpet or trumpets in the middle and the end they harmonise with the trumpets.. no one there knows who it is. sorry thats all the info i can give at the moment but. thanks for the input
greatly appreciated

I bought Fly by the Dixie Chicks Last night i had had a listen on the store headphones and was amazed again by the sound quality one of the tracks you actualy felt the kick drum like you do at a live gig Id love our hi fi to sound like that through our speakers. without going through all that subwoofer buisness and all those wires.. music was brilliant to .. a great listen.

Uridium

lisa burrell said:
some friends of mine work in store and over store radio they are playing a tune that everyone wants to to know what its called and who its by. They cant hear what the words are. The song is a Ballard and sung by a group of men they think Quote They say sounds a bit like song from mash. and the only clue they give is in the middle of this song there is a trumpet.. and towards the end these men or group of voices sing harmony against the trumpets any one any ideas please you make a load of girls very happy. Sorry the descriptions very sparse.

Would this be a new song or an old tune?

If it's an old one could it be "Suicide is painless" by Manic Street Preachers?

This uses the Theme from MASH as the backing track

GasDad

Remembered (1964-2012)
lisa burrell said:

Next time that happens use Shazam - tell them to dial 2580 (the numbers down the middle) on their mobiles and to hold the mobile uptowards the speaker. Hang up after 30 seconds or so. They'll then get a text back with the song identified (or a note saying it couldn't be)

Worked for me the other day at a very noisy football match.

James

L

lisa burrell

uridium said:
Would this be a new song or an old tune?

If it's an old one could it be "Suicide is painless" by Manic Street Preachers?

This uses the Theme from MASH as the backing track

thanks again lads for the input the main thing roll on the drums hear ..
is has manic street got a trumpet solo the trumpet is so important to this song. and do msp sing harmonies . its a nice try i no i'm not being very helpful and you all are trying your best .. but they stress its sort of like mash probably if all the customers went and the tills stop ringing and babies stop crying they hear it sounds nothing like mash lol but that's the best description they gave me come on one of you out there owns it bought it knows what it is.. please.... rack your brains :lease:

krish

Distinguished Member
James Day said:
The theme from Mash is "Suicide is painless" - presumably the MSP have covered it ?
Yep they covered it in 1992. They recorded it for Ruby Trax, a triple-CD compilation album of cover versions by various artists released to commemorate NME's 40th birthday; was also released as the lead single off that album.
lisa burrell said:
thanks again lads for the input the main thing roll on the drums hear ..
is has manic street got a trumpet solo the trumpet is so important to this song. and do msp sing harmonies . its a nice try i no i'm not being very helpful and you all are trying your best .. but they stress its sort of like mash probably if all the customers went and the tills stop ringing and babies stop crying they hear it sounds nothing like mash lol but that's the best description they gave me come on one of you out there owns it bought it knows what it is.. please.... rack your brains :lease:
no trumpet solo on the Manic's version (pretty much piano and electric guitar), and not really any vocal harmonies either (I've got the original single in my parents loft somewhere, but then just found it on their Forever Delayed greatest hits compilation :))