Help with a set of in-wall speakers please

dr no

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend has asked me to help him with a simple custom home cinema set up for a living room. I don’t have the knowledge so need some help.

Since he is having the whole house refurbed it makes sense to put some in wall speakers.
It’s time to put the wiring in in preparation.

It will be a simple set up: a 77” TV / 3 speakers at the front/ 4 atmos speakers/ 2 at the back/1 subwoofer.

Can someone please help direct me to some:

1. A set of in wall speakers. A set would make life easy to purchase and advise the builders to prep the walls. Mid range budget. Must be aesthetically pleasing finish or hidden.
2. Cables that won’t need replacing anytime soon
3. Any thing else to consider at this stage

Any helpful links, tips and ideas appreciated.

Consider offerings from M&K Sound.

They have a range of in wall loudspeakers of phenomenal quality. We supply may M&K systems for this exact type of installation.

Please feel free to send a pm should you wish to discuss pricing of speakers.

Re cable, we supply pro install cable that is inexpensive and will last forever.

BW

Rich@SeriouslyCinema

Thanks Rich
Can you send me the links to the MK speakers. I need to check dimensions with the builders to see if his wall can be dug out to enclose them.

What size of room will this be going in?

Do you have an actual rough budget for the speakers as mid range to some people is £200 a speakers where as others it could be £2000 per speaker!

What type of construction is the wall these are going in? Solid brick / wood etc?

What size of room will this be going in?

Do you have an actual rough budget for the speakers as mid range to some people is £200 a speakers where as others it could be £2000 per speaker!

What type of construction is the wall these are going in? Solid brick / wood etc?

the walls are solid brick
price - around £1-1.5k for LCR together and the rear surrounds may be £200 each and in ceilings about 100-150k?

does that sound reasonable?
there can be some upward flex if not

I worry the fronts are onto a single brick wall so this may be a barrier
but the rears are onto an outer wall so shouldn't be a problem

Update: builders saying cannot do in wall.
So looks like flat panel speakers for LCR.
Recommendations for smart/tasteful looking ones please?

We can still do in ceiling for the atmos speakers

Update: builders saying cannot do in wall.
So looks like flat panel speakers for LCR.
Recommendations for smart/tasteful looking ones please?

We can still do in ceiling for the atmos speakers
Example:

Dali Opticon LCR in finishes: satin white, satin black and tobacco oak. 599£/each

The earlier mk1 version to give idea of the real size (482 x 285 x 128mm HxWxD).

Surround speakers are slightly over budget same as the LCR, but bundle deal bought together some discount should be possible. Another alternative is to choose cheaper brand for surround and atmos channels, most money for LCR and sub.

For in-ceiling speakers you can use cheaper alternatives if getting over budget otherwise. Here is the Dalis.

AV-receiver Denon X3700H / Marantz SR6015 if shopping ~1k£ receiver. Some dealers will do greater package deals than others so worth competing prices.

Subwoofer depending of room size, listening habits and budget. BK Electronics has wood veneer finishes and low budget friendly prices sold direct to customer, but if big black box or cylinder shape works then there is better choices. Roughly 500-700£ budget if possible for the sub.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom