Help with a new TV will it do 4k at 60fps?

AVNoob2001

Novice Member
Hi everyone I'm looking for some advice on a new TV for my PS5. I haven't upgraded in over 10 years. My trusty Toshiba has seen me through both PS3 and PS4 but I need some help regarding HDMI 2.1!
Firstly I am not interested in gaming above 4k at 60FPs. I only really play single player story based games!
Secondly I can only fit a 43 inch TV in my space.
So I have two TVs lined up both say they have HDMI 2.1, neither have VRR, and one has ALLM. The one with ALLM has a 100hz panel the other a 60hz.
So I understand that neither will ever achieve 4k at 120fps but will they be able to do 4k at 60fps.

The two TVs are

Thanks in advance

Dodgexander

Have you seen:

Generally most small TVs aren't very suitable for modern HDR or high refresh rate gaming since they are all bottom-spec models. So its best to spend little, rather than more unless you can step up to a larger model with a higher budget.

For 4k 60fps (60hz output) and SDR though, any TV is fine. I'd recommend the ones in my guide over the two you've picked out since they are both very, very expensive and not worth the extra money compared to cheaper TVs.

AVNoob2001

Novice Member
Have you seen:

Generally most small TVs aren't very suitable for modern HDR or high refresh rate gaming since they are all bottom-spec models. So its best to spend little, rather than more unless you can step up to a larger model with a higher budget.

For 4k 60fps (60hz output) and SDR though, any TV is fine. I'd recommend the ones in my guide over the two you've picked out since they are both very, very expensive and not worth the extra money compared to cheaper TVs.
Have you seen:

Hi I appreciate your input but I know for a fact that the ps5 can't do 4k at 60fps without HDMI 2.1
All the TVs you have mentioned are great but won't achieve what I want.

So while I'll be able to achieve 60fps at 1080p and 120 FPS at 1080p with the right panel it's not what I'm after.

Although I have found out that the PS5 doesn't support VRR or ALLM at this stage. So your help has actually helped me answer my question. Seeing as it does support 4k at 60fps and 1080 at 120fps out of the box!

I think I'll hang on till 2.1 becomes standard.
As for a bigger TV I can't due to a built in unit that will house it. While my wife loves me and I love gaming neither of us wants to rip out our very nice specially built unit! Thanks for your help and input.

It's a shame manufacturers are not supporting smaller sets, but I suppose market forces are the main factor here

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom