• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help with a new purchase

nmc

Standard Member
Hi everyone

Have read numerous threads with great interest, but I'm afraid I'm no more certain of what TV to get :confused:.

TBH I'm finding much of the jargon used by those knowledgeable to be quite mind blowing.

Anyway, I've installed cabling to have music around the house, network points, tv etc and have a mini room dedicated to all the wires and the kit, when I get it!

Unfortunately, I've spent so much doing the house up, there's no more left for purchasing the nice bits like the TV, amp etc.

I've had a brick wall cupboard built with a hole (1140mm wide by 765mm high) in it to house a lovely large screen.

Last year, the AV company suggested the following as screens to look at:
Pioneer 42” 42MXE20
Panasonic 42” TH-42PH10EK

I've been having trouble finding shops that sell them as they're now obsolete, so I was looking at the Panasonic TH-42PF11EK which I managed to find for £1500.

This is a bit expensive for me at the moment, so I thought about getting the LG 47LF7700 until I can afford the PF11EK as I'm sick and tired of watching a measly 26" CRT which weighs almost as much as me!

Can anyone advise if this is a good idea or am I wasting £600 on a temporary TV?

Is the PF11EK OTT for a mere mortal like me? We're a family who watch a fair bit of tv (most of it being sport) and like to play the Wii and Xbox. We don't have sky HD at the moment.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

nmc

rewerb

Prominent Member
well the Panasonic P42G10 is a perfectly good set at under £800 (review on this site). The PF11 might be better, but twice as good for the price?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom