1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with a new 42PDWD6 install problem

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by NickG, Nov 8, 2004.

1. NickG

NickG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I have received my new plasma this evening from AV-Sales, delivery went well but I have a small (or maybe big) problem with the plasma.

I have temporarily set it up to check before wall installation. The problem I have is a narrow horizontal line of distortion cross the width of the screen, I have tried different sources, cables and inputs but it persists across all of the combinations I have tried.

I am completely new to plasma so before I contact AV-Sales could one of the resident experts out there suggest whether this is a fault or if I am missing something obvious I need to do to make it go away.

I have tried to take a photo but it seems quite hard to capture.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Nick

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. NickG

NickG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had a call from AV-Sales tonight, and it looks like it is faulty and will need to be swapped out :(

The fact that AV-Sales have been such a pleasure to deal with, just about makes the disappointment bearable.

It’s a shame because line aside the picture looked great!

I think the test of a good company is when something goes wrong, and so far I have no reason to regret choosing AV-sales over the competition.

3. tamthetim

tamthetim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    nice to know................as i and a lot of others are looking to buy at this moment in time

cheers, tam

4. Yorkieblade

Yorkieblade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ick , Sorry to hear about the line through the screen the dig cam picture came out great.
    What are you connecting to your new panny pw6 ?? and how?

Just interested thinking of getting one.
    Cheers
    Yorkie

5. NickG

NickG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to add to this post that, today the replacement plasma arrived and it is perfect in every way (well could have been a bit cheaper ;) ). I have only done a quick test, but it looks like I was just unlucky with the last one.

So thanks to the Team at A/V sales, I restate that I would be more than happy to purchase from them again. I will be in the market for a new amp and A/V sales will be on the shortlist.

@Yorkieblade:

Once I have the right wires and have finished a move about of equipment, I will be connecting the usual consoles via component (plan to use a/v amp for switching) Tivo/SKY via JS RGB2VGA box, netgem freeview and dvd via component, a HTPC via the second VGA board. Leaving the scart board for older consoles / VCR as needed.

6. rafaqat

rafaqat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

@NickG: I suppose the new plasma arrived and they took the old one away at the same time?

Also, do they help you stick it on the wall? Mine is currently mounted on the wall. Not sure if the delivery guy will do that. :)
    Also, does the plasma that's going back have to be in it's original packaging etc, or can you just swap the panels round and leave it at that?

7. NickG

NickG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep took the other one away, it was as it was delivered as it was only turned on to be tested, would have to be in it's original packaging I would imagine.

Nah mounting is down to you, the driver will check the screen being delivered and taken away for damage and you both sign to agree there is none.

This was a courtesy replacement by A/V Sales, if it is a warrenty claim then I assume AVS will deal with that part. It was all very hassle free.