Help with a complicated problem

Pantera6

Established Member
Reaction score
My main problem here is that i am sure that my TV can not output progressive scan anymore... :suicide:
Basically when i have my 360 outputting in 720p i get crazy lines which go from left to right or sometimes diagonally, and is vey distracting as it sometimes becomes very noticable. i then started playing my wii in 480p and i got these lines again. the greater reason i think it cant output a progressive signal is because once i was playing on the 360, the lines appeared, went to the dashboard and changed the screen setting to 1080i and it was normal, no lines, and since them i havnt got them. but if i change the settings back to 720p i will get the lines (takes an hour or 2 sometimes, but sometimes instantaneously). I thought it might have had something to do with the componant spliter device. but i dont see how this device would make such a difference in quality... all it does is have a switch for when i want to play wii and not 360.
so unless someone has a miraculous solution to this problem i am going to have to phone empire direct to see my options. my TV is a sagem HD-L26-TP 26".
usually i would just ask for a replacement, but they dont sell the TV anymore, thankfully though its still in warrenty. thing is aswelll i just love the design of that TV and has absolutly plenty of features i like and do not want to have a different TV. could i also contact sagem and they get me a replacement or repair?
what would i say to empire direct though when i phone them? i am totally lost and dont really know how i could describe my problem to them and what do i do, ask for replacement? repair? new TV altogether?

cheers :)

I take it you've tried plugging directly into the TV, bypassing this switch?

well it just sudenly happened one day. when i first got my TV i just had a 360. never had the problem then. i then got the switch when i got my wii. nothing happened then. i have tried without the switch, and i got the lines then. i will try again. fact remains though that the screen went perfect once switched to 720p and i doubt a switch would ever have such an effect on progressive than in interlaced. or would it?

Diagonal lines wouldnt be caused by Progressive scan issues. Sounds like electrical interferance. I started getting it recently only with my xbox 1 via component at 720p. It does it with scart and any other video mode too. I found wiggling the power connector would make it go away.

From doing this I found that the xbox was picking up interferance from the xbox's dodgey wire. So I got a pack of ferrite blocks to put on all the cables behind my pc, not had a problem since. :D

since my 360 and wii are quite close to the TV. it might be that then?
worth a try. ill move it further away now. could be my homecinema kit aswell since that on the shelf underneath. ha, wouldnve never thought of that.
cheers.
well im hoping its just that.

The problem is probably that your cables are not magnetically shielded. Buy ones that are and it should help. :)

i know ive got alot of cables down there.
i just moved everything very far away. VERY
i still got those lines. also i dont see why it would just appear one day.
heres a picture of my problem on the 360 dashboard.

http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=07042007080wq0.jpg

im pretty sure now this is to do with the TV. it might be a jumpy conclusion, but as you can see from the image, it affects gameplay
well that picture doesnt really show much. but can you see those dark lines in on a constant pattern? thats the problem, and yes it is notocable even if you cant see it too well in that picture

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom