• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help with a budget reciever! 7.1 or 5.1

Stranden

Standard Member
Hey. Im getting some speakers and a reciever, but as many others, i am stuck and need opinions.

I was thinking of getting Onkyo TX-SR308, which has HDMI 1.4. I do not really care for 3d yet, so maybe it is a waste ?

And since im only having 5.1 maximum, is it no point getting a 7.1? or 7.2? Maybe they also have something else which is good regardelss of setup.

Anyway, im looking at a price around 250-300£.

Ive looked at this one: Komplett.no - Yamaha RX-V465B hjemmekinoreceiver

Ive heard Onkyo and Jano speakers dont go that well together, so i figured maybe Yamaha would go well with them.

And for speakers i have checked these speakers, since they got a 38% discount. They also got good reviews afaik.

Komplett.no - Jamo S606 gulvhøyttalere

This is my starting point. What do you think? Maybe ill need a center speaker too?

Thanks for any answers and opinions! :)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom