1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with 701s setup for rookie

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by tbattle, Feb 21, 2005.

1. tbattle

tbattle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone,

This is my first post and I would like to first of thank those of you who make this forum possible. Let me first describe my situation. I have recently purchased my first CRT projector. My projector is the Barco 701s with very good tubes and very low hours. I am just getting into the HT lifestyle and I would like to know if there is anybody out with this machine who can give me some insight into the workings of the projector. I need to get instructions for a complete new setup for my projector from start to finish and guidance as to whether I need to mount it on the ceiling or a floor-mount job. I think that I would prefer to mount it on the floor due to access concerns that I have in regards to servicing my unit. I have a good coffee-table enclosure plan that I think would work but like I stated earlier, I am a rookie. My screen is 16:9 100" I have not mounted it on the wall yet because where it is mounted will depend on whether or not I mount the projector on the ceiling or floor. I have seen several post on the projector so I feel confident that the knowledge that I am seeking is on this forum. Thanks in advance.

2. aerobic247

aerobic247

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
  3. tbattle

tbattle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks!! Hopefully this weekend I will be able to work through the setup process and watch some movies Saturday night.

4. aerobic247

aerobic247

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi how did you get on with the setup of your projector?