Help with 701s setup for rookie

T

tbattle

Hello everyone,

This is my first post and I would like to first of thank those of you who make this forum possible. Let me first describe my situation. I have recently purchased my first CRT projector. My projector is the Barco 701s with very good tubes and very low hours. I am just getting into the HT lifestyle and I would like to know if there is anybody out with this machine who can give me some insight into the workings of the projector. I need to get instructions for a complete new setup for my projector from start to finish and guidance as to whether I need to mount it on the ceiling or a floor-mount job. I think that I would prefer to mount it on the floor due to access concerns that I have in regards to servicing my unit. I have a good coffee-table enclosure plan that I think would work but like I stated earlier, I am a rookie. My screen is 16:9 100" I have not mounted it on the wall yet because where it is mounted will depend on whether or not I mount the projector on the ceiling or floor. I have seen several post on the projector so I feel confident that the knowledge that I am seeking is on this forum. Thanks in advance.

T

tbattle

Thanks!! Hopefully this weekend I will be able to work through the setup process and watch some movies Saturday night.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LCD TVs for Movies, Physical Discs?, RIP Ennio Morricone, AV & Movie news, B+W Matt Damon
Top Bottom