1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HElp with 5.1 systems and a mission m7 question

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mikey2108, Jan 3, 2005.

1. mikey2108

mikey2108

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I Am just about to order my 5.1 speakers for my new setup and need a little advise, due to budget restrants I need to choose between the following, tannoy fx5.1 (£179.99) or mission m7s (£89.99) I have a denon 1705 amp and a toshiba 32wl48 on its way. Now my question is this which set should I go for? They will be used for home cinema only, and I need them to be wall mountable, which leads to my second question. Doesw any body know if these 2 speaker sets can be wall mounted? Help please I am pulling my hair out!! :lease:

2. sparticus

sparticus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    hi
    Mission m7s come with their own wall mountable brackets which are quite neat. However, the sound quality, was at least in my view terrible. Knew id made a mistake as soon as played a cd through them. No amount of tweaking changed this. Everyone I spoke too said they were better than the tannoys so god knows what they are like.
    hope this helps

3. mikey2108

mikey2108

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply, Not quite sure what to go for now? If the missions are that bad! Also I cannot get a set of tannoy from anybody (all out of stock). Any other suggestions for a silver set of speakers at the same sort of money? I will only be using these for watching sky+ and dvd's?