Help with 4K TV research in the UK

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by adinis78, Jul 13, 2015.

1. adinis78

adinis78
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all, i was directed to this forum from Audio and Video Home Entertainment Resource and Community | AVForums because i am in need of help to get a 4K TV in the UK (Northern Ireland).

I will be moving to the UK this December and since my wife does not really know anything about TV's i need to research that (my wife will be moving back in September). Looking to get a 4k TV but I'm having trouble finding one that list as being HDCP 2.2 compliant. I have looked at Shop Online with Argos.co.uk - your Online Catalogue for Home Shopping Currys | TVs, Washing Machines, Cookers, Cameras, Tablets Amazon.co.uk: Low Prices in Electronics, Books, Sports Equipment & more as well as both Samsung and LG UK but none of these places list HDCP 2.2 as part of their features. The major players (Samsung, LG, ect.) should have 4K TV with HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 already available since we are in 2015. How can i actually verify if a tv im looking at has HDCP 2.2 as no one seems to be listing it?

One way i can go about it is to give my father-in-law a list of features that i am looking for,HDMI 2.2 & HDCP 2.2, but i am afraid a sales person will just say that they TV will have everything listed just to sell it.

My price range will be between 1300-1500 British pounds (most 1800) and size wise im looking for is 55".

Any guidance would greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. martinch

martinch
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Can't really help, other than suggesting contacting the manufacturers directly, or finding a review of the sets you're after (I'm guessing you've thought of both of those things, though!).

As for actually purchasing your set, I'd recommend having a look at John Lewis and Richer sounds - both have excellent customer service, do price matching, and offer a 5 and 6 year guarantee (repesectively) for free.