Question Help with 40" TV for son's PS4 (and someday PS5)

squiredogs

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I was on here well over 12 years ago searching for my first HD set. Now I'm suffering from rtings.com fatigue. I need your help so I can get this for Christmas.

I am buying my son a TV that will be mounted under his loft bed for his mini man cave - He will sit about 4-4.5 feet from the screen for playing his PS4. I haven't been able to score a PS5, but he will have one eventaully, as he's saved up for it. He has a Vizio e series 29"er that we've had for 6 years or so. I know none of my selections will be the 120hz, HDMI 2.1 optimum.

I want a 40" 4K cheap TV with a ethernet port, that would wouldn't lag too much or look bad for the gaming. He occasionally also watches youtube nonsense as well. I would like a Roku TV for the Xfinity Stream ability, but the PS5 is going to be the main event someday soon. Everything has been 43", which I think is a little too big, but it fits. I am looking at:

1 - Vizio V405-H19 40" (No Roku, but ethernet, and my preferred 40" size. But Rtings says it has not so good motion blur, so now I'm scared of that one.)

2 - A new old stock Element 4k 40" Roku TV - has ethernet and Roku, HDR and 40", but I can't get any info on it's input lag. I can get a warranty, but no returns, as it would be from an Ebay seller.

3 - a 40" 1080p TCL Roku TV - I give up the ethernet and the 4K on this one, but maybe its a better move if the 4K on these cheapies don't really matter. I'm sure the PS5 can display some good stuff on 1080p.

I snagged a TCL 2019 43S425 - It's unfortunately 43", so I'm just hanging on to it if I fail to get a 40". So I'm looking to see if anyone can let me know if either of the above two would be good enough.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom