Help with 27" mirai and hdmi from upscaler

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by benrp, Aug 22, 2006.

Tags:
  1. benrp

benrp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Hi all,

I have been trying to get my 27" Mirai lcd hd ready tv to display 1080i or 720p with my Sony Dvp-ns76h dvd upscaler, I am outputting from the hdmi port to the dvi connector on the tv (there is no hdmi port on the telly), but the tv always says that the resolution is 576p. Is the tv or EDID faulty? :lease: Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

p.s. Here is a link to the tv on the Mirai site http://www.nl-mirai.com/ProductDetails&product_id=34&cat_id=32

2. jhazeldene

jhazeldene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
  3. benrp

benrp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    I have tried all the HDMI resolutions on the DVD player but no matter what resolution I set on the player the tv always outputs at 720x480, not at 560p as I posted above.

4. benrp

benrp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    quick update.

When trying to output from my upscaling dvd player at the hd resolutions 1920x1080i or 1280x720p through the hdmi output of the dvd player to the dvi/hdcp input on the tv, the tv cannot display these resolutions. The dvd player automatically outputs at the highest available high definition resolution but it is outputting at the resolution of 720x480 and the tv displays the information that this lower resolution has been set. Also the hd resolutions cannot be detected by the hd compatible graphics card on my computer which is connected via the dvi input, but the hd resolutions can be forced by the graphics card and the tv then displays that the 1920x1080i or 1280x720p hd resolution has been set. When the computer is connected via the VGA input the hd resolutions are detected but cannot be forced as they are beyond the range for this input. Due to these problems I believe there is something wrong with the EDID of the tv so that it is reporting to devices connected via the DVI input that the resolutions 1920x1080i and 1280x720p are not available, yet it can physically display them (when forced).

Anyone have an opinion on this. Thanks.

5. benrp

benrp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Another update for those who might be interested

I tried a pioneer DV-696AV-K dvd hdmi upscaler and this worked with no problems whatsoever on this TV. Excellent picture quality aswell.:thumbsup:

6. Crazy Goose

Crazy Goose
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Hi Ben,

Could you please give me your opinion on the sound quality of the Mirai's speakers . I've heard it's a bit poor a bit 'tinny', what do you think ?

regards

CG

7. benrp

benrp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Personally I think the sound quality is as good as from any other TV.There are options to alter the bass and treble and the virtual surround sound works well. I would highly recommend the Mirai, mine arrived with no dead pixels and I am extremely pleased with it.

However the sound is definitely better when output through my HI-FI, as this has a seperate woofer and tweeters etc for richer bass and mid range sound. So I would recommend outputting the sound through something similar when watching movies if you like to hear deep booming explosions.:devil: