1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with 2 monitors /radeon 9700

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by jmack, Apr 7, 2003.

1. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi i am using a radeon 9700 with a flat screen tft as main monitor and my plasma as 2nd monitor (well trying) but they are acting as one big monitor , not the same on each display as that is what i want?

can you help in non techie terms
    cheers

2. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    In control panel/display/settings uncheck the box that says "extend my windows desktop onto this monitor". Then go into the advanced/display and make sure both monitors are switched on and the clone display is selected.

3. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi i cant find clone display. when i go into advance settings i get the radeon ati settings?
    help johns

4. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    If you go into the ATI control panel which is advanced in diplay settings, then choose the display tab you will get a screen showing 4 displays, too each display are two blue buttons, the circle in a circle makes that display the primary monitor (dscaler only works on the primary) and the other is the clone button. Select it and apply the change.

5. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks johns that worked but its showing as mulible monitors not secondary monitors so it wont let me apply different rez

6. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I dont think that you can use different resolutions at the same time, the work around is to setup hotkeys to switch between resolution and primary monitors as required.