1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with 1-1 pixel mapping on Sanyo PLV-Z1

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by burpfish, May 29, 2004.

1. burpfish

burpfish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!

I am trying to set up my Sanyo PLV-Z1 to use 1-1 pixel mapping.
    However, I am having a few problems.

I have been using the settings from here:
    http://www.gumboot.co.nz/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=33

Can anyone confirm that the setting of Back porch 563 lines should infact read 15? If so, I have the powerstrip settings set up, but when I apply the projector settings, all it seems to do is sqish the picture into the top left corener.

I am driving the pj as the second monitor on my 9600xt, in clone mode.

Any ideas?

Any one got this working?

Cheers,

Dave

2. JATH

JATH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

You are right about the vertical back porch setting being 15 not 563.

I am fairly new to HTPC`s (Well started about 2 weeks ago)so dont know about your second question.

What projector settings are you using?

I am using Theatertek DVD player,powerstrip,FFdshow and reclock and have got good results picture wise.

Cheers.

3. bonzichrille

bonzichrille
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello Dave!

I recently tried to help a friend setup his Z1 to show off some hdtv in wm9-format. I knew people had reported succesful etempts with 1:1 pixelmapping so we started roaming the internet for the correct powerstrip settings. However, after trying to get the instructions to work from www.avstuff.net we just gave up, stoped the searching and just went for a pre-programmed resolution in "PS" of 1280*720 (hdtv derived). The results were very pleasing, and the picture looked ecceptionally sharp.

Later I stumbled over a user at a swedish forum who had owned a z1 for quite som time and had experimented allot with 1:1 pixelmappping. He had reached similar notions, stating that although he could reach a one to one resloution,it was plagied by fuzzyness in diffrent parts of the picture regardless time spent finetuneing. Eventually he too settled for a 720p resolution which he saw as perfectly okey.

hope that helps,
    Bonzi

4. burpfish

burpfish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the responses.
    I did get it working - it seems that my projector has to connected to the VGA output of the graphics card rather than the DVI port (with VGA convertor), and that it needs to be the primary display.
    I would say that the improvement in picture quality is worth the effort!

Dave