HELP! Will Blu-ray work on this TV?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by shabtheventurer, Jan 13, 2008.

Tags:
  1. shabtheventurer

shabtheventurer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok - I have scoured the internet for the last 2 hours and not really found a definative answer, so i have turned to you. Here goes...

I am looking to buy a 32" HDTV. I was looking at this one inparticular at the moment:

http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4LQB&CategorySelectedId=11229&NavigationKey=11229,392020000,50429

I also own a PS3. My problem is this - The PS3 plays Blu-Ray at 1080p and yet the spec for the TV on Dabs says it will only accept an input signal up to 1080i. So will the TV just spit the signal back out and not show the picture at all (as i have read on some sites), or will it take the signal and downscale it to 720p, which is the TV's native resolution?

I've read so many different scenarios for inputs and outputs and what will be downscaled and upscaled that i've just lost the plot. Anyone got an answer?

Cheers,
    James

2. tonyadamson

tonyadamson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Hi, yes this screen will play Blu-ray fine. They will be displayed at 720P or 1080i depending on which option you choose in the PS3 settings.

3. shabtheventurer

shabtheventurer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers, Thanks for that.