HELP! Wifi question no one can answer for me apparently

mc28

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have BT whole home with discs but now i need a stable wifi in my garage for my office.

My garage is about 200 yards from my house and not in sight of it, the garage has power but its not the same circuit as house so powerline adapters are out.

I have tried the bt discs and they dont reach, garage is in a communial carpark area so any digging up for cable is out. Have looked into it a bit but im not the most techy minded. So far I have narrowed it down to something like a tplink cpe510 or getting a phoneline added but seeing if it can be done above ground?

Anyone have any suggestions or advice....PLLLEEAASSEEE

What's the 4G coverage like in the garage, could you use your phone as a hotspot?

You mentioned Powerline adaptors but do you have any to try? My garage isn't on the same circuit as my house but they still surprisingly work and at a good speed too.

Even just a unifi access point (they do one suitable for outdoor may be enough.

I have had powerlines working across different fuse boxes connected to the same incoming supply.

200 yards is pretty far and ethernet only goes 100meters anyway, you'd need fibre for a run that long. Noiseboy72, Greg Hook and Larkone, have all got good solutions,

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom