1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help! Which version of Pinnacle Studio 8 do I need?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by jchm, Dec 31, 2002.

1. jchm

jchm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have recently bought a Sony DCR-TRV240 Digital 8 camcorder. I have stacks of old 8mm and Hi-8 tapes which I now plan to edit and archive onto DVD via my PC....

After some research, I decided on Pinnacle Studio 8 to do the job for me. However, when I went to buy a copy today, on the back of the box it said it couldnt cope with analogue video formats.

As my camcorder can play back 8mm and Hi-8 tapes, AND has DV-out capability, is this enough for the standard Pinnacle Studio 8 package to cope with ?

Yours, confused.......:confused:

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    If you copy your footage onto your PC via a digital8 camcorder with a firewire connection it is copied in DV format, therefore Pinnacle Studio 8 is not useing analogue video and will work. :)

Mark.

3. jchm

jchm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Mark

Many thanks for clarifying that for me!

Cheers M8

John

4. shauny1

shauny1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi i was thinking about buying pinnacle 8 when you get it working can you tell me / us how it gos ive heard there are bugs and a new version is coming out ?

5. scott69

scott69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been using Pinnacle Studio 8 for a couple of months and have created several masterpieces (specially over xmas ) and have had no problems at all. I've heard other people complaining about rendering problems, but if the screensaver is disabled and your hard drive not too full then everything should work fine!
    I never edited in my life before and found it easy to use and the results are brilliant!

6. jchm

jchm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I can confirm Scott69's comments.

I bought Studio 8 on Monday, and have been testing it with some of my oldest 8mm camcorder footage - so far, I've found the software to be stable and fairly easy to understand. I've yet to burn to DVD, but so far, I can only recommend it to anyone who like me, is new to this video editing lark!

John

7. shauny1

shauny1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for your comments ive been a version of s 7 and have found it very easy to use but ive been making videos but now i want to make dvd on my dvd rewriter please keep me us updated how you get on

8. Eee-Tee

Eee-Tee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Shawny1-

I've also got S8, but unfortuanately i've had to cope with several probs- some simple , others not- ie the latest one is one that many users have found- it doesnt actually burn the completed project.
    Some find they can burn a VCD ok, but not a DVD, me- i cant burn anythin. I'm not sure why and i think they're workin on a patch, but its worth considerin that it isn't 'all good' :D

9. shauny1

shauny1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks thats what ive heard

10. jchm

jchm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Anyone out there having problems who isnt aware of http://www.mikeshaw.co.uk should try there for lots of info & tips.

John

11. boltoa

boltoa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    It's also definitely worth downloading the latest Studio 8 beta - they've just release 8.5.8 - there are many problems they've fixed since the latest official release.
    Download here

Andrew