1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! - Which VCR?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Chris1969, Dec 16, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Chris1969

Chris1969

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am finally sick of the poor quality of recording on my combined TV/video unit, and am upgrading to separate TV and video. I'm restricted to 14" TV, so am going for the Sony flatscreen version. But now I am totally baffled by the choice of VCR. I have cable TV, but as far as I am aware, no VCR will change channels for me to be able to record from more than one channel while I am out. Would I be best going for a Sony VCR (would it be easier to use with Sony TV), or what about S-VHS? Is the advantage worth the extra cash? Any advice gratefully received.

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,014
    S-VHS on a 14inch TV I do not think you would notice the difference. I have a Panasonic that I think can switch the sat on if you place the sat over it, I never went into it as you can set the sat to come on by itself now. Can you do this with cable?
    Personally I do not use S-VHS on every thing only what is extremely important to me, but I find the reproduction very good, not in DVD class, but then again neither are transmissions. I think you can get a Panny S-VHS for about £200 pounds, JVC are also worth a look. I would go for a S-VHS if I was you as you never know when you might need it, i.e. great for archiving camcorder material if you decide to get one in a few years if you haven’t one now.

:cool: Ruby quatz shades.