HELP....Which sub/sat do I choose?

M

MickyD

Hi

I have a Sony 725 DVD player and a Sony STR-DB925 DTS Amp. I'm looking to buy a new set of speakers and have £1000 to spend. The two main packages I'm looking at are the Definitive pro cinema 80 or the KEF 2005.
Please can anyone help me.
Micky

no contest. The Def Techs are great. The Pro 80 system is discrete, dynamic and musical. Three qualities that are very very hard to find at that price level. If you can stretch to it the Pro 100 system is even better.

Hi Guys,

Though the DEF TECH's are discrete and musical (subjectional), the KHT2005 offers more in the way of system integration, they are fully compatable with the Sony DVD/AMP combo and deliver seemless frequency range.
Many sub/sat packages tend to miss vital midrange frequencies due to the lack of dynamic range, whereas the KEF's have been developed with full range integration in mind. The sats cut off at an amazing 80Hz, which is the crossover point of the sub, so no missing midrange.
All the sats are made from cast alluminium and incorporate the smallest ever UNI-Q driver array, this alone delivers a much wider listening window compared to conventional speakers. The sats are also very flexible in way of positioning not only because of the versatile mounting bracket, but also the UNI-Q (basically you can put them anywhere).
The sub carries a hefty 150watt amplifier that drives a downfiring 8" long throw bass driver, it also comes with a heavily braced cabinet (to eliminate box colouration) and a stylish glass top panel.
All in all the KEF2005 system has everything you want from excellent movie performance as well as superb stereo capabilities, they are also female freindly and stylish. KEF offer a five year manufacture warranty on the passive elements and 1 year warranty on the active parts, and they are also getting some awesome press.
Definately worth an audition!!

Cheers

Ron Locke

Hi there,

Both packages are excellent, and have different qualities. All Ron has said is true, the KHT package offers outstanding value, sound quality and looks. Also the Def Tec package is fantastic, offering punch and generally exciting home cinema. The sub on the Pro 80 package is particularly good, although an upgrade to the M&K VX-7 wouldn't go amiss!

Good luck,

[ 13-07-2001: Message edited by: Spectre ]

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom