1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - Which Plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by nheather, Jun 8, 2005.

1. nheather

nheather
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,195
    What I want is 42" plasma, to be wall mounted, as thin as possible and with a minimal frame/bezel.

Not bothered about speakers as I will use separate 5.1 system.
    Not bothered about tuner/freeview as I use Sky because terrestial reception is poor in my area.
    Sources are Sky+ and DVD, both with SCART RGB. No short term plans to upgrade to HD sources but don't want to preclude it.

Dismissed Hitachi ALIS models because of bad press here.

Started off looking at Panasonic PW7. Then found that it can't handle 720P@50.

Moved my sights onto NEC VR5.

Recently, HD prices have fallen (whilst SD have stayed more or less stable) so HD is looking more attractive.

This forum raves about PV500 but I'm not sure about the bulkiness and looks.

I've read that there will be a PW8 later in the year but I suspect that by the time supply and prices settle it will be near to Christmas and I don't want to wait that long.

So still thinking of the NEC VR5

Are there any other options?

Are there any details of the PW8 - price, release date, inputs, whether it will still be based on module inputs (which add to the expense).

Cheers,

Nigel

2. madasahat

madasahat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    why dissmiss the hitachi its a great screen with brilliant pq go and see a dem and make your own mind up these forums a very panny biast and aganst hitachi but im more than pleased with mine and would recomed one to any one