1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!! - Which NVIDIA card ???

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by mark.carline, Apr 7, 2004.

1. mark.carline

mark.carline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    I am going to build a HTPC for my home cinema and I want to ensure that the video card I get does what im after.

I have allways used NVIDIA and so I dont really want to look any any other makes (their support and drivers etc is 100%).

I want to be able to do the following:

1) Connect the main display to a 17" LCD display monitor (maybe 16x9 ratio - Havent purchased this yet). This display will be used all the time when the PC is switched on.

2) Connect a second output via a 15pin RGB cable to a 16x9 LCD Sony projector that has a HDTV input (720p) - I want to use power strip to get this resolution - ONLY ON THIS OUTPUT

3) I want to use PowerDVD or WinDVD option to play DVDs so that they send the display to the second output.

4) I will be running Windows XP with the dual display option and I dont want to have to switch my projector on all the time (I somtimes just want to listern to music - hence the LCD display)

5) Quiet fan would be nice

6) I wanted to spend approx £120 ish...

Can anyone here recemmend an NVIDIA display from the following list that maybe able to do this:

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Products.ASP?CatID=15&Category=Graphics+Cards&Thumbnails=No

thanks!!

2. Daftboy

Daftboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Nothing except cards with DVI outputs.

The only way you are going to do this is by purchasing a Matrox card, but they are expensive if you want the same performace as the NVidia cards.

Don't buy a card with a analog and digital output as the card will only use one of the outputs. I've tried this and it doesn't work.

If anyone knows of anything that's changed, let me know as I'd like to buy a card like this also.

3. MatthewS

MatthewS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You'll have to be careful trying this. Many cards do not support video overlay on the secondary monitor.

Matt.

4. probedb

probedb
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +180
    Why not look at ATi cards ?

Go check over at AVS, they're what the majority of people use and their driver support is generally better than NVidia now !