Help! which all in one to work with freeview and Panny TH42PWD7? a bit confused

M

MartyUK

Hi There

I am looking at purchasing the Panasonic 42PWD7 from richer sounds (after reviewing this site it seems well spoken off) it will have a component input, VGA input and SVHS or composite input.

I currently only have a freeview box but will intend to up grade to Sky+ within the next 6 months or so (when i have the cash)

I have around £300 to purchase an all in surround sound amp and dvd player but i am getting a little confused as to how i would connect this and my freeview to the plasma monitor. I have been looking at the JVC TH-S66 as this also seems to get decent reviews and has Divx playback, but from what i understand i would not be able to use this with my freeview box as this (freeview) only has a scart and or composit output which i would connect to the screen but i cannot see how i would get the sound from the freeview to the JVC

Is this correct or have i misunderstood? if there is a better screen/surround sound option out there i will welcome any of your suggestions

I realise that if i had SKy+ this would be easier but i am still trying to justify the extra installation fee and monthly expense to my misses;) so i will have to make do with freeview for a little while longer

Thanks

Marty

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom