HELP!!!! What Plasma? I'm confused...

kregler

Standard Member
...well unsure about what way to go. I've been perusing this site and others for any help and thought the best would be to actually get some direct advice for my needs now.

I'm doing up my lounge and a nice plasma is needed to finish the room off. I've been looking in to the Panasonic TH42PX70.

I don't have Sky HD, or Sky in general for that matter. I'll be mainly watching terrestrial through my Sony Freeview box, Xbox 360ing and watching DVD's (Panasonic DMRES10 and Xbox HD-DVD).

I'm not looking in to SKY HD just yet as I can't afford the monthly subs at the moment. But, I'm sure I'll upgrade at some point once the mortgage and TV have been paid for!!

Would this be a suitable for my use or is it a bit too good for this kind of usage?

Medusa

Banned
...well unsure about what way to go. I've been perusing this site and others for any help and thought the best would be to actually get some direct advice for my needs now.

I'm doing up my lounge and a nice plasma is needed to finish the room off. I've been looking in to the Panasonic TH42PX70.

I don't have Sky HD, or Sky in general for that matter. I'll be mainly watching terrestrial through my Sony Freeview box, Xbox 360ing and watching DVD's (Panasonic DMRES10 and Xbox HD-DVD).

I'm not looking in to SKY HD just yet as I can't afford the monthly subs at the moment. But, I'm sure I'll upgrade at some point once the mortgage and TV have been paid for!!

Would this be a suitable for my use or is it a bit too good for this kind of usage?

Well it does'nt come any less direct then this :D
If you like the Panasonic and can afford it go for it the room needs to be finished off.:lesson:
When you need to upgrade you can search this Forum for the best PD.
The TV technology changes and upgrades all the time.:devil:

T

the wolf

it is as always a matter for personal opinion kregler (and you meet many differences of opinion within these forums). have a look at your viewing room-do you intend to mount the set on a wall?-then pioneer/LG/fujitsu look good-if you intend to place the set on it's own stand panny's look nice that way-it's just a case of experimentation.

kregler

Standard Member
Thanks for your replies so far.

I'm not just going for something aesthetically pleasing on the wall. I want a plasma that will give me some bloody good viewing pleasure.

I currently have a 32" Panasonic CRT which has been great, it's just taking up to much room. Nothing wrong with it...well, I did push it off the stand the other day whilst moving it out of the lounge prior to decorating so we'll see when I plug it back in!!! Being a big film fan the bigger screen would be great, so picture quality is important.

I reckon I'll probably go for the Panny as it's in my price bracket and seems like most people on here are loving it.

It was a toss up between a Samsung, Phillips or the Panny. I'd like a Fujitsu a these are meant to be pretty good too, but it's out of my budget!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Anthem AVM 70 Review, EQing Your Home Cinema Sound System and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom