Help. What is up with my TV?

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by pgraber, Jul 12, 2018.

1. pgraber

pgraber
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just purchased and set up my LG SJ8000. However when watching Blade Runner 2045 in HDR Deep color mode I noticed during the first scene , which is noticeably dark, there are sections of Cloudy light which appear and move on the screen as if the edge lit is bleeding when a brighter portion enters the scene. Its very noticeable and to the point where I can stand to watch it. Is there a way to reduce this effect. I must have my settings way off or something. I am watching it on Cinema mode but not sure of all the other settings. Any advice on perfect settings for watching HDR content to reduce this? I did muck around with some settings so maybe I screwed something up.

2. GlennTidbury

GlennTidbury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +854
    If it's where the black parts are perfectly black but the light parts are lit, making the black parts in the lit areas stand out compared to the rest of the Black's? Then it's probably the same setting as another user was having issues with recently.... If your TV has an option for "led local dimming", try turning it off. You will lose the dark black areas, which will now be lit, but at least the screen will be lit evenly.

3. pgraber

pgraber
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep that is exactly what is going on Thx man.