Help: what is difference between these?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Horace, Mar 26, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Horace

Horace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    Apoloigies, but my sister is looking at a new TV and has narrowed it down to two - but does not know what the difference between them are despite there being a £400 price difference

They are the KDL-V26A and KDL-S26A and, hopefully, this link will take you straight to the Sony comparison page.

Thanks in advance for any help

Lee

2. Teppic

Teppic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    The V Sony has the WEGA picture processing engine, where as the S doesn't.

Most people seems to prefer the V model to the S (and i was put off the Sony S myself after testing one out), although there are those who are more than happy with their Sony S tv. Do a quick search using the forum's search button for "Sony S" and "Sony V", and you'll find lots of opinions.

It may be worth pointing out that the new Sony LCD tv's are due in the next few months however, and many people are tipping them as being a real improvement on any Sony LCD's that are available right at this moment. Your sister may want to wait to see what prices these new sets will be initially available at since they're so close now (regardless which of the current Sony models she was to buy right now, it's street value will have plummeted in only a couple of short months).

3. leeky_deeky

leeky_deeky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The V26 has the wega engine to give better picture processing, were the S26 doesn't. Also the sound on the V series slightly better.

4. Horace

Horace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    Thanks for the answers chaps. I'll let her know about waiting although she keeps insisting she needs to get the tv sorted before the carpet man is due!

I presume it's something to do with cabinets and indentations in the carpet but I didn't dare ask :)

Lee