1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP what am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Raffles, Jun 29, 2002.

1. Raffles

Raffles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought a Toshiba 42WT29B TV and have connected a Satellite Receiver,VCR and DVD to the connections on the back in accordance with the instructions. However I can only get sound on either the DVD or VCR but not both!! Satellite works ok. I have changed the scart leads between DVD and VCR but can only get sound from one or the other. I thought first of all that one of the scarts on the TV was defective so I connected a scart lead with triple terminal ends and the same thing occured. Is there a way of selecting sound scource within the TV menu?
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Its probably something minor as I am not very good with electrical gadgets.

Cheers.

2. Jonah

Jonah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How many scart sockets does your TV have, your VCR, your DVD and Sat box?
    If you have two on each, then I may be able to help. If one of your sources only has one scart socket then try looking under connections in the search box. There always seems to be someone who can help with your set up. Try searching for member Doubledoom.

3. Raffles

Raffles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your input Jonah - however I think I have sorted it out now!! As a matter of interest the T.V. has 3 No scart sockets,the DVD one,the VCR two and the Sky digibox two.

There are so many cables I just got confused!!! However I spent some considerable time reading the TV instructions and it finally dawned on me that I had to set the AV connections in the on - screen menu and select the digital audio signal for each item connected. Thereafter you use a "search" button to bring up the item required,and"voila" you have sound on all items.

Cheers.