1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! What 28" widescreen

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Littleant, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Littleant

Littleant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

New to the forum and needs some advice as to what would be a good 28" wide screen tv to buy for around £450 :rolleyes: . I was about to buy the Panasonic TX28pl1 for £399 which had good reviews, but the retailers i tried no longer stock this item due to a new model.:(

I'm now have no idea what to buy, looking for reliability, as well as good picture and sound quality.

2. pwiles1968

pwiles1968

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have a TX28PL1 and it is an excellent picture from scart, not sure about the sound have never turned it on, If you shop round for a Im sure someone will have one try unbeateable, PRC and Empire direct, If they are running them out try currys and comet you may find a managers special. Keey your eye out for a cheap PL10 very similar I think the PL10 is 100Hz.

3. Littleant

Littleant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, thanks for the reply. I have checked comet and empire, both no longer stock the item, will check out the other retailers you listed hopefully one of them may have the item still in stock before they all sell out. I did consider the 100hzs PL10 but noted much higher price. Also reading through the forum noticed many members considered 50hz better in some respects. Also read somewhere that flicker can occure on television from 28" upwards. Have you noticed this of the 50hzs PL1 module you have.