• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help wanted with Panasonic SC-PT460 EBK DVD home cinema

coffeeaddict68

Hi
Hope someone can help me. :lease: Just took delivery of this Panasonic today, I connected everything up and lastly connected up the rear speakers and guess what?!! The rear cable is completely inadequate in length to go round my room, it reaches to my patio door in front of my sofa!! (approx 15'x13'). So my living room is not exactly large, so I don't know how big Panasonic expect peoples living rooms to be!! I cannot have the cable going across my living room because I have hard flooring and besides one speaker will only just reach and the other rear will not. To make matters worse Panasonic have hard wired the cable into the speakers and they plug into the DVD player with their special colour coded connections. I contacted Panasonic who were very unhelpful and could not/would not supply me with additional lengths of cable for free or for a payment. I contacted the shop who I bought from who were also not particularly helpful, saying to me this is a common problem with all in one home cinema systems. I also am additionally annoyed because I bought it with my 40th birthday money from family:suicide: Is there anyway I can get around this? Looking at the speakers I will have to take the backs off, I don't see why I should do this, they should be fit for purpose when sold and be supplied with generous supplies of cable to accomodate peoples different room sizes:lesson: Does anyone think I have a right to return the goods without incurring any charges, looking at the website of the company I bought from it will cost me £25 plus additional charges plus I send it back at my cost (some birthday present!!). Look forward to hearing your ideas and comments. Chris S.

zeropoint

I'd just extend the speaker cables, using either screw terminal blocks or a soldered joint, with similar cable, to the required length. Ideally keep both/all runs of equal length, but it's not critical.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom