• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help wanted with DVD Region code on imac

coffeeaddict68

:hiya:
I have been a complete idiot:blush:

I have been burning some of my kids DVD's on handbrake so I can use them on my Apple TV and I have been changing the region code when it prompts me. However, I have tried to put some more DVD's on and my mac now says incorrect region code and does not give me any way to change the region code.

I have looked at the troubleshooting and it says I can only change the region code 5 times and then it becomes permanent, I didn't know they restricted it like that:rolleyes:

The region code is stuck on Region 1 but I need to change it to Region 2 for all the other DVD's I want to do.

Is there any way round this? Or am I stuck?:lease:

Chris S

Easybourne

Try this...

Go to System Preferences then CDs & DVDs (under 'Hardware'). Where it says "When you insert a video DVD" change the dropdown to 'Ignore'. This will stop the Mac launching the DVD player App each time you insert a DVD - it's DVD player that is controlling the region change.

You may find that (depending on the make and model of your drive) that Handbrake will still work with all regions even though your drive is stuck in region 1. (My Mac has an OptiArc drive in it and VLC & Handbrake both work as multi-region though the DVD Player App doesn't. You may be out of luck if your internal drive is a Matsh*ta though.)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom