Help wanted with connecting equipment to LCD TV please guys

gbswales

Established Member
Reaction score
I really would be grateful for some experienced input.:lease:

I have set up my new Hanspree YT07-32E1-000G 32" HD LCD TV which for various reasons I need to attach quite bit of equipment to
VCR
DVD recorder
Karaoke DVD player
3rd DVD - a really cheap one that plays anything the others wont!
Sky box (not HD) this is the only way I can get TV digital or otherwise
(therefore no arial connection)
Wii games console
PC with access to my wireless network to play wmv's and look at photos
HiFI

there is a diagram of how I have it set up at the moment here -http://www.crr.org.uk/tv.jpg -and its all working however there are a couple of issues I havent resolved

1) the only audio out on the TV appears to be the headphone socket which I dont think is much use for connecting to my hi fi aux socket - all the composite sockets seem to be input only. (this might just be the problem of buying a budget TV but we all have a budget and this one came in at £300 about $600 inc delivery and tax!.) For DVDs I can use the DVD recorder audio out but obviously anything coming from another source is not re-directed - there is nothing in their booklet about audio out so guess I may be stuffed on this one.
2) I am using the i/o scart for the DVD recorder and the input only one for the other dvds and vcr through a scart block - this means I have to route the Digital signal through my DVD recorder rather than the TV and I find that I cant get digital teletext as a result.

I wondered if anyone could suggest any better way of setting this up - I dont plan on buying any HD equipment for some time yet (spent up!) and I have no arial signal for a freeview digital box - only sky! The only equipment that already has HD is the Wii and I am waiting for the lead to arrive for that.

I would be really grateful for any ideas - you can post here or EMAIL me direct. :thumbsup:

I really would be grateful for some experienced input.:lease:

I have set up my new Hanspree YT07-32E1-000G 32" HD LCD TV which for various reasons I need to attach quite bit of equipment to
VCR
DVD recorder
Karaoke DVD player
3rd DVD - a really cheap one that plays anything the others wont!
Sky box (not HD) this is the only way I can get TV digital or otherwise
(therefore no arial connection)
Wii games console
PC with access to my wireless network to play wmv's and look at photos
HiFI

there is a diagram of how I have it set up at the moment here -http://www.crr.org.uk/tv.jpg -and its all working however there are a couple of issues I havent resolved

1) the only audio out on the TV appears to be the headphone socket which I dont think is much use for connecting to my hi fi aux socket - all the composite sockets seem to be input only. (this might just be the problem of buying a budget TV but we all have a budget and this one came in at £300 about $600 inc delivery and tax!.) For DVDs I can use the DVD recorder audio out but obviously anything coming from another source is not re-directed - there is nothing in their booklet about audio out so guess I may be stuffed on this one.
2) I am using the i/o scart for the DVD recorder and the input only one for the other dvds and vcr through a scart block - this means I have to route the Digital signal through my DVD recorder rather than the TV and I find that I cant get digital teletext as a result.

I wondered if anyone could suggest any better way of setting this up - I dont plan on buying any HD equipment for some time yet (spent up!) and I have no arial signal for a freeview digital box - only sky! The only equipment that already has HD is the Wii and I am waiting for the lead to arrive for that.

I would be really grateful for any ideas - you can post here or EMAIL me direct. :thumbsup:

Unless the TV has its own Audio Out RCA's (Phono) or another Audio output, you will have to intercept as it where, the audio from everything before it hits the TV. You could try to find an AV Switcher which has SCART and Component on it, possible with an extra Audio input too, for your VGA. Then run the audio out from that to your prefered sound setup.

With my my Samsung, luckily there are 2 RCA Audio out and I run them to my currently temp audio solution, which is my Hi-Fi. So I get better sound than the TV speakers but obviously not 5.1. When the time comes for me to get proper 5.1, I will probably invest in an AV Switcher that can do muliple Optical Audio inputs and output to the single input on the Amp for the 5.1 system.

Did you ever solve the output of the sound from the 37'' Hanspree to your stereo? (or anyone for that matter)

The manual and a number of technical specs (including ebuyer technical spec) implies that there is a stereo line out, but I can't get it to work. Is there something I need to set on the TV? I currently divert all the sound output from the various tv input devices to a switch which allows me to select between the inputs, but it's a lot of wires and a pain in the arse. Any ideas welcome Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom