1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Wanted On A 70s? TV Series.

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Garrett, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,483
    I have just been doing an obituary for Denis Quilley and I seem to remember him in a very good series on the BBC that he was the star of in the 70? as an ex-police officer that became a private bodyguard for hire, which I can find no info on anywhere.
    One of the stories (not as a bodyguard this time) one of his ex-mates was suspected of assaulting a female and they had a sample of some blood by the assailant, but for some legal reason they could not get one of the suspected assailant,
    The Denis Quilley character was approached and got his mate drunk and got him to drive, he then was pulled up and gave a blood sample.
    Anybody remember it and the name of the series?

2. Fatti

Fatti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    It wasn't called "You're On Your Own" by any chance. That was TV series in '75 where he was an ex-cop called Ryder.

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,483
    :smashin: Thanks Fatti that’s the one I’m glad someone else remembers the series.
    I think it was shown on the BBC on a Wednesday nights at 8. I cannot find any mention of it anywhere else.

4. Fatti

Fatti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    This was the only thing I could really find on You're On Your Own: YOYO. It's very little, and IMDB doesn't seem to mention it at all.

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,483
    Although the right series, there description is slightly different to what I remember, I though Ryder was a pretty moral character and the bit about Quote ‘Ryder was willing to sell his soul -- and his former comrades in arms’ is not how I remember it the only time he did anything the least bit dodge was in the above story I recall in my first post and that was to see justice done.

I too looked on IMDB and could not find it. But I have found them fallible before.