Help Wanted: Jeepers Creepers

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Beek1, Oct 12, 2001.

1. Beek1

Beek1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If anybody out there has seen Jeepers Creepers can they please let me know if it's actually worth paying money to see at the cinema. There's nothing I love more than a good horror movie, and this one's being touted as the best American horror flick in years (yeah, but how many times have we heard that before).
    Anyway, I'm certainly intrigued, but the trailer was incredibly underwhelming (ooh, more interchangable photogenic teens in peril - how exciting) and the actual monster looks pretty lousy on the cover of Fangoria.
    Advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. jon smith

jon smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Haven't seen it... but was in the states a couple of weeks ago.

Everyone I spoke to said it was very silly... the bloke at armani exchange even started talking about it without any prompting saying it was the silliest film he'd ever seen. I disagreed, cos i'd just seen ghost of mars and that was silly.

I think Joy Ride looks a better bet.

3. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,836
    I liked it but it's really one that splits the audience 50-50.
    I'd say if you've ever liked stuff like the monster stories in the X Files, or Tales from the Crypt, or any of that monster-movie kind of stuff then you may well like it, I did.
    The first 30 minutes is sort of "backwater hell", like the beginning of Texas Chainsaw Massace or Deliverence, but then it changes tack and goes all monster movie. Atmosphere rules the first half and then they go for hi-energy thrills once they've shown the monster, which, personally, I think was a bad move, but the overall impression I had of the movie was that I liked it.
    You're right though, the monster doesn't look that great so they should have left him unseen. To say any more would spoil it really, but if you go for well done, as opposed to half-baked, monster flicks then there's a good chance it might cut the mustard for you. There's some memorable images in it too, which makes a nice change.
    It's nothing to do with the US self-referencial, post modern ironic horror scene....thankfully!

Apparently MGM will have the disc out in R1 early January.

Don't hate me if you think it stinks :D

4. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I'll be buying it anyway. I'm so easy.
    ...but can we hate you anyway? :D :D

5. Jimmy the Saint

Jimmy the Saint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Saw it in the US and thought it was utter rubbish! :D

6. Ars longa, vita brevis

Ars longa, vita brevis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i suppose it will depend on what you like.

if you're looking for a modern classic, i'm pretty sure it will disappoint, but if your looking for a classic perhaps formulaic horrorish thing, give it a go.

7. I J S

I J S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I caught this today and thoroughly enjoyed it.It reminded me of early Twilight Zone episodes. :eek: :eek:
    If you don't mind moster flicks it should be up your alley.Those who prefer to see a loon running around in a mask with a kitchen knife might be a tad disappointed though!

As soon as Play247 have it up on their site I won't hesitate in adding this to my ever growing pre-order list :D

Ian

8. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Just got back from seeing this. Wish I'd saved my money. Not that it was really bad, but it was certainly not good. There didn't seem to be any reason to telling the story, and the ending just did not give any closure.

It's like they started with the beginning, and just made the rest up as they went along. Finally when the realised just how ridiculous things were getting, they just give up, cop out and roll credits.

the first half hour was ok though.

Leave your brain at home, don't expect anything to make any sense, and don't hope for a decent conclusion.

9. Shady

Shady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Thoroughly agree with Pointon on this one - After seeing the film I had to read the reviews all over again to make sure I had not got it mixed up with something truly scary - like my bank statement or any of the images on www.ratemypoo.com (truly frightening).

Go and see this film if you must but be prepared to wonder what they did with the last twenty pages of the script...

...perhaps they ran out of fag packets?

truly awful film - even Channel 5 must baulk at this one...