Help wanted from Denon owners

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by dUnKle, Sep 6, 2001.

Tags:
  1. dUnKle

dUnKle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,586
    I have a denon A1D and have had since just after its release, its a great amp but I still after all this time feel like it could be giving me more, and so im after help, advice and any tips fellow denon owners could give !

I have connected B&W 603 fronts a B&W CC6 center a pair of Tannoy M2 rears used for surround in 5.1 and DTS and a pair of bipole mordaunt short rears for 5ch stereo and THX sound

2. dUnKle

dUnKle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,586
    any denon owners at all, not just a1d owners ?

3. uncle eric

uncle eric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Duncan,<br />I used an A1D for around 30 months before the A1SE. Are you using a sub???<br />Also do you not find the B&W's a little warm sounding?

Eric

4. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Duncan,

I don't own a Denon A1D myself, but when I had one on loan, I found that the poweramp section isn't as good as the preamp. I had a Rotel pre/power combo on loan at the same time (which I bought), and as an experiment, I hooked the Rotel 1075 up to the Denon A1D. What a difference! Freed from the constraints of an integrated chassis, the Rotel was far superior to the internal Denon amp. Much more impact, less fussiness and much tighter bass. Try to get a dem of one and see if it makes the difference you expect. Reading your other posts in threads like the epic "Large or small speaker settings" from a few months back, it seems that you have tried all possible settings on the Denon. So, I'd look elsewhere for improvements as you have likely squeezed as much performance from the Denon as you are going to get. Perhaps something else to consider is an LCR6 upgrade for the centre speaker?

Russell