Help Wanted concerning external Hard Drive to Sony Bravia TV recordings transfer.

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by old2cvman, Apr 6, 2016.

1. old2cvman

old2cvman
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Friendly readers.. I write courteously hoping for some free knowledgeable advice, I have coupled up via a USB cable, a laptop SATA H.D to my Sony Bravia TV... to enable me to record a couple of specific item, that are on freeview channel 81.... I have succeeded O.K. to record my 1st item, but I wanted to transfer it onto a P.C. to edit and post on my website.. but I just cant grasp how to achieve this task. I am pretty conversant at movie making and editing my products, and displaying them in various forms on Face book and Youtube.. I have 115 Hollywood Star interviews that I have done over my career as a Paparatzzi Journalist....so I have thrown away my L.Plates, but this Digital tech stuff is advancing that quick.. its over taking my Brain power.. I am 83 years young..by the way.

2. old2cvman

old2cvman
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Futher to my above enquiry... I also have a HUMAX 9300 recorder coupled to my Sony TV. which records most programes, but I just cant get channel 81 on this set up either... 81 is Talking Pictures Channel.. there is a film I am desperate to obtain scheduled for showing Saturday April 9th .. entitled THE WEAPON starring Lizabeth Scott,... which is also my facebook site title Fans of Lizabeth Scott, I wanted to display this move in segments form on my site, I have every film she made except this one. its as rare as HENS TEETH.

3. PhilYerBoots

PhilYerBoots

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Hi.
    I'm pretty sure the Sony's (and possibly other makes..) restrict any HDD recordings to that specific TV. When you first setup the HDD and format it for recording it warns you that you can only use that HDD on that specific TV and it somehow encrypts/restricts the file access for digital rights purposes I think.
    Hopefully a more clued up forum member can confirm or correct my assessment.
    Good luck in your quest though..

4. VisionMan

VisionMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +636
    Recordings made from the TV, or any device, will be slaved to that device only and only available for playback on that device only. Many also have a 'record once only' encryption as well.

5. Clem_Dye

Clem_Dye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +413
    The reason that you can't get channel 81 on your Humax 9300 is that although it's an SD channel it's transmitted on an HD mux, and the box doesn't have a DVB-T2 capable tuner.

Clem