1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help want to copy to my camcorder from old camcorder tapes through my vcr

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by ferryboat, May 25, 2005.

1. ferryboat

ferryboat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi
    i have a jvc grd 93 ive followed the instructions but when i plug the camera into the vcr it doesnt seem to realise its linked to the vcr .all help gladly received
    john

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    are you trying to use the lead and scart adapter supplied with your camera to perform this function - if yes that is almost certainly your problem - the adapters supplied with camcorders are wired 'IN' to VCR - you need to pop down to your local Maplins (or www.Maplin.co.uk ) and puchase either a dedicated 'OUT' (from VCR) or a switched IN/OUT adapter.

3. ferryboat

ferryboat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi
    yeh i am using both the adapter and the provided lead ,looked on your maplin site but am none the wiser to what i need ? many thanks for your help.
    john

4. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK - you need Maplin part number L84BA - - - just go to the maplin site and enter that number in the 'Search' box in the top right corner of the web page

5. ptek

ptek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi Ferryboat,
    next time you will be asking about copying copied vhs tapes to dvd, why not forget vhs and go direct to DVD recorder, obviously, your camera movies are important to you, and perhaps the time is now to upgrade to the new media,
    just a thought :hiya: