Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Help!! - wall plates and wiring

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Andrew1982, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Andrew1982

Andrew1982

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I'm quite new to this and wondered if you guys can help - I've had a look through old threads and can't seem to find the answer to my question so here goes:

I'm moving into a new flat pretty soon and have bought an lcd, a 5.1 kit, dvd and sky box and am going to try and hide the wires inside the plasterboard walls. I quite happy destroying my walls and have a pretty good idea of how I will feed the wires through and then fill the holes but am unsure as to how to go about installing wallpates. I know I need a special plasterboard box and the suitable plate but what kind of wire would I use for SCART for example. I was initially planning on just running a 5-10 meter scart from the TV to where the boxes will be and have the wire sticking out of the wall but this wont look great. I have found a plate at http://www.nexxia.co.uk/Hi-Fi&TVaccessories/WallMountedConnectors/scart_wall_mounts.htm but how do i connect to this so that all I need is the shortest possible SCART running fom my sky/dvd boxes to the wall sockets?

Any help will be much appreciated - sorry if its a bit long winded!

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,823
    More a cabling question, I think....... Moving.