Help wall mounting 55" KS8000

J4g3d

Established Member
Reaction score
Just received this tv.

No wall mount screws OR spacers supplied.

Upon googling everyone is saying you must use M8 X 45MM bolts. WRONG WRONG WRONG.

The bottom holes need 15mm bolts.

The top holes seem to have a totally different thread to the regular wall mount bolts. And also 45mm is way WAYYY too long for this. I need a maximum 25mm bolts. Plus a spacer of 15mm. Or could I just bypass using a spacer? and just simply fit a 25mm bolt in instead? if so... What thread pattern is this using?

Appreciate any quick replies.

Attachments

• IMG_20180817_140226.jpg
    IMG_20180817_140226.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 776
  • IMG_20180817_140231.jpg
    IMG_20180817_140231.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 308
  • IMG_20180817_140241.jpg
    IMG_20180817_140241.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 325
Just called Samsung,

They said it needs M8 screws in all 4 holes.

Wrong.

M8 is fine in the bottom, the top holes however are smaller (M6 possible) and a M6 bolt does NOT screw in it. The thread is totally different. I have imperial and metric bolts. Neither screws in, quarter of a turn it gets jammed.

:(

It appears (according to google) i need 1.25 (distance between threads) bolts. But when I call stores in the UK that sell bolts, they haven't a clue what im talking about. Seems to be a US method and not a UK.

What is the equivalent in the UK?

It appears (according to google) i need 1.25 (distance between threads) bolts. But when I call stores in the UK that sell bolts, they haven't a clue what im talking about. Seems to be a US method and not a UK.

What is the equivalent in the UK?

Hi Mate was this purchased brand new? due to the curve on the plastic back Samsung TV's usually come with a set of black plastic spacers which fit in the hole and allow you to then use the 45mm M8's.

cheers

Hi Mate was this purchased brand new? due to the curve on the plastic back Samsung TV's usually come with a set of black plastic spacers which fit in the hole and allow you to then use the 45mm M8's.

cheers

Yes it was, but the spacers were not included.

The 45mm bolts will be far too long even with the spacers attached between bracket and tv. Perhaps this was a USA mounting option only.

I have measure the distance between the gap and the depth of the screw hole and in total its 25mm. Not 45mm. I am so confused as to why my TV is totally different to everyone else's. Model on the box is UE55KS8000T

I think however im sorted now. I contacted the company selling the tv and they are sending me the spacers which (UNLIKE OTHER KS8000 USERS) the spacer ALSO has a small thread on it to screw into the tv!!!!

All 55" KS8000's ive seen in forums and on youtube have plastic spacers WITHOUT the thread on!

So the TV i have is totally different to other KS8000.

Yes it was, but the spacers were not included.

The 45mm bolts will be far too long even with the spacers attached between bracket and tv. Perhaps this was a USA mounting option only.

I have measure the distance between the gap and the depth of the screw hole and in total its 25mm. Not 45mm. I am so confused as to why my TV is totally different to everyone else's. Model on the box is UE55KS8000T

I think however im sorted now. I contacted the company selling the tv and they are sending me the spacers which (UNLIKE OTHER KS8000 USERS) the spacer ALSO has a small thread on it to screw into the tv!!!!

All 55" KS8000's ive seen in forums and on youtube have plastic spacers WITHOUT the thread on!

So the TV i have is totally different to other KS8000.

Hi mate i believe only 2 have the thread (which then has a thread in itself for a bolt) the other 2 spacers are just a plastic tube which you would need the longer bolt for. USA KS8000 is our KS7000. The KS9000 in the USA is the same as the UK KS8000 which does confuse things

cheers

cheers

Hi mate i believe only 2 have the thread (which then has a thread in itself for a bolt) the other 2 spacers are just a plastic tube which you would need the longer bolt for. USA KS8000 is our KS7000. The KS9000 in the USA is the same as the UK KS8000 which does confuse things

cheers

cheers
Yes correct, the 2 spacers have a thread on. The bottom 2 bolts do not.

Hmmmm... I wonder what model ive got then?

Box says UE55KS8000T
The stand comes down the middle, unlike every other model ive googled the stands are on the side?

No sticker on the back of the tv either.

I will have to wait till i can plug it in to check the menu to see exactly the model i have.

This is becoming a huge headache. Got my new tv sitting in a box in the living room and im DYING to install it to use it.

The supplier sent me the spacer bolts today. They're not spacers, but spacer bolts.

Like these:
https://i.imgur.com/QqfnMz0.jpg

They're WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too long. The bracket will not sit properly if I fitted these.

I was wondering, instead of putting the M8 bolts in the end, perhaps where the LIP is, I could just use these bolts? or would it not be secure enough? The gap as I said before is 25mm including the screw hole depth. This entire bolt is 60mm. But from the thread to the lip part its 38mm..Its as close as im going to get to 25mm it seems.

Why is this so difficult to wall mount?

Apparently, the thread on the tv for these black bolts are a special samsung thread that nobody sells bolts for to fit!!! unbelievable.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom