help vista problem

LILCO

Ex Member
Reaction score
Help i recently gave my laptop to a computer shop and he upgraded the ram and also formatted the laptop
i just got it back and has been working last 3 days and today is asking for a activation key. I have downloaded a program called green jelly something to get my activation key and when i enter the key i get this error 0xc004f063 and something about a BIOS

Please any info would be gratefull

Did the shop use your install disc or the shops? if you do not have a key ether contact microsoft or the shop that did the Format ..

Isn't your key on the EULA sticker?

th wat i thought i am going to take back to shop where i got it fixed from

If the shop just popped the disc he had then reinstalled this would of worked but sounds like he had formatted the whole drive, that key you have will be still active, you or he will have to phone micrsoft to get replacement:( pain i no ..

Isn't your key on the EULA sticker?

Even if op did , vista will come up with "Key already used" or something like that, it is not like xp were you can format then reuse key..

vista install is linked to microsoft servers..:thumbsdow

yeah there was a sticker underneath my laptop but its damaged

my computer has been formatted before from another shop an was ok but i dont know wat could of gone wrong this time

You can re-activate your windows vista os build just like you can with windows xp, if the sticker with your license key is damaged you could possibly contact MS although they're unlikely to help, best contact your OEM manufacturer and see if they can help, they should have a record of your system from purchase.

HTH

normally the product key is linked to the mobo which is why on big hardware upgrades you can be asked to reactivate

it should have been ok - take it back and complain

can you not just reactivate online? or even using automated phonline?

it looks like the shop changed something in bois or/and it could be down to the new hardware installed (ram) even so reactivation shouldnt be a problem

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom