1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Viewing Jpegs on DMR-E55EB-S!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Primus, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Primus

Primus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had my panny for a week now and I'm please as punch with it :D It is so impressive on the features side especially the Time Slip & Enhance Dialogue

Anyway the one niggle that I have found is that I'm not able to make a CD-R/RW of pictures to view on the TV! is there anyway round this? if so I'm all ears, well eyes on the forum!

Cheers,

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,762
    Unfortunately the E55 can't handle jpeg files. What you can do is make a DVD slideshow on a PC (assuming you have a DVD burner on your PC) - there are various software packages available to allow you to create a movie of your still pictures.

3. ABP

ABP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately the E55 can't handle jpeg files.
    You can make a VCD which will playback on your E55 but it must be VCD and not SVCD as I have done this for my Fathers E55.
    It was the only way I could get photos to display for him as I don't have a DVD burner.

AB-P

4. Primus

Primus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you JohnG & AB-P,

JohnG, I will be sure to try the DVD Slide Show option as I have everything on my PC that I require to do so.

AB-P,I need a little more help from you if you don't mind as when I try to make a VCD my program only looks for MPEG1 files!! could you let me know how you made a VCD of pictures and what program you used?

Kind regards,

5. davee b

davee b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    if you are using nero just burn as a vcd compilation but drop in jpegs instead of mpeg1's. You can store about 1600 on one cd. :)