1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help: Video switching on AVR300

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by addiwei, Oct 11, 2005.

1. addiwei

addiwei
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using the SAT setting for my cable and HD services, and AVR for my xbox. When I change channels in cable mode, the screen flickers briefly the first couple of seconds, and then settles. I have firmware version 2.9. anyone have any suggestions or is this normal operation?

2. m1964

m1964
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you passing video through the AVR or the video signal goes to TV directly?
    Does it flicker when you go between regular channels, HD channels, regular and HD channels?
    This AVR has this stupid feature-it mutes AV or S-video if an HD signal is present. So Time warner had some sort of background on its HD (component) output while broadcasting a regular not-HD channel, but if I passed S-video through AVR, there was no picture.
    This is my set-up:
    Component output from cable box goes directly to TV
    S-video from cable box does to AVR, then from AVR to TV
    DVD/VCR: 1. AV from VCR goes to AVR, gets upconverted to S-video, goes to TV as S-video.
    2.Component from DVD goes directly to TV
    Playstation (old model)goes to AV input of AVR, the out as S-video.

Connection depends on whet inputs you TV has, if you are willing to switch between different video inputs on TV when changing source (my remote does that for me), and etc.
    Hope it will help.

3. addiwei

addiwei
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    both video signals for xbox and regular cable are passed through the receiver. It applies to both HD and non-HD signals. :confused:

4. m1964

m1964
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just noted - my screen flickers too - I get gray vertical lines for about 1 sec when switching channels on the input that is passed through the AVR. I guess it may be "normal" for this unit. Wonder if Rotel does same sh*t !

5. addiwei

addiwei
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the stuff we have to put up with...for that Arcam sound in Neo6 Music mode...