1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help/vcd

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Blu-rayx, May 22, 2002.

1. Blu-rayx

Blu-rayx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    hi,

i'v got a few music cd's with videos on it,is it possible to convert the video into VCD using BURN ROM,so i can play it on my tosh SD900E dvd player?

dvd :confused:

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,067
    "Enhanced" audio CDs tend to have their video tracks on in the Apple Quicktime format. As it stands, this is entirely different to the MPEG format required for VCDs.

I have converted, but it was a complex process. There are probably much easier ways, but here goes. I use the following software

RAD Video Tools (from www.radgametools.com ).
    The Quicktime Movie Viewer
    TMPGEnc (from www.tmpgenc.net ).
    A CD-DA extractor (Easy CD has one, Nero has one, or there is a free one available from Poikosoft).
    and a video editing package which came with my video card (Ulead Media Studio)
    A VCD burning software (I recommend Nero).

1) Copy Quicktime movie from CD to harddisk.
    2) Use RAD to convert it to AVI format. You need Quicktime installed for this to work. Because of copy protection the Audio part possibly won't get converted. If it does, count yourself lucky and skip the next few steps. But bear in mind that the quality of audio on many Quicktimes is dreadful.
    3) Extract the audio track from the CD - ie the normal CD track, not the movie soundtrack - using the CD-DA converter
    4) Use video editing software to join the silent video track to the audio track and create a new AVI.
    5) Use TMPGenc to create a compliant MPEG file from the AVI. I recommend using the "highest quality - very slow" setting.
    6) Burn the MPEG onto a Video CD.

3. Blu-rayx

Blu-rayx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    A BIG THANKS NIGEL!!

i'll let you know how i got on.

dvd :)