1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help using TSTOATSC

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by David167, Jun 24, 2004.

1. David167

David167
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is a part of the readme for the program TSTOATSC:

Usage
    Usage: TStoATSC [-c] <input file name> <output base name> <Video_PID> <Audio_PID>
    specify PIDs in hex
    -c: correct PCRs

Example:

TSoATSC g:\citytv.ts d:\Enterprise 1022 1023

It states that PID's are to be specified in hex (see above highlighted comment).

Errr....where i'm I supposed to get that info.... Can anyone explain what to do to get this pogram to work??

David

2. beeblebrox12

beeblebrox12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can tell you the PIDs for CityTV as they are on the ExpressVu satellite service. They are: video 1122, audio 1123 (both hex). There's only one source where the CityTv HD signal could be recorded from - Rogers digital cable in Eastern Canada, but I higly doubt that.
    What is this program converting the ts file to?

3. David167

David167
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    According to the readme is does this:

TStoATSC is an MPEG-2 transport stream to ATSC transport stream remultiplexer. It takes one program from the input stream and generates an output stream at the ATSC bit-rate of 19.3 Mbps. It works by looking at the PCRs. It intelligently handles discontinuities and bad PCRs. Output files follow the HiPix convention: 137 MB file segments (about 1 minute)

I've been told that it will correct any errors in the .ts file so that a perfect copy can be recorded onto DVHS.

Here's a link to the readme file for more info:
    http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~balazer/tstoatsc/readme.html

4. pdundas

pdundas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a search for a program called DGMPGDec - you can open the .ts and then select the Streams menu and it will identify the PID's. tstoatsc can OFTEN clean up .ts files and improve recording to D-VHS but some just do not work.

5. David167

David167
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right, I've managed to get the program working, but it seems to split a single ts files into loads of smaller files. Is this correct? Is there a way of recombining the files to one file? It's just easier to keep things tidy if it's all one file.