1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Using my IRiver

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by jjjaa, Dec 21, 2004.

1. jjjaa

jjjaa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got an IRiver last holiday and for the life of me can't seem to get music from a CD to the iriver. Whatever software I use, the result is music that skips, jumps between songs, jumps within a song, etc. I don't think it is the IRiver because I have been able to transfer music to it from concerts that I have downloaded and are already MP3 or Wav files. It is the "ripping" of the cd that I can not figure out. I must be stupid. Can anyone help?

2. Garan

Garan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I get tracks skipping because the CD is scratched? I’ve only had this once or twice?

Are the CD and CD player that you ripping with ok? - Does the Disc play in the player?
    What Ripping software are you using? I use Cdex -http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/ and it works well

Hope this is some help?

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    I use EAC to rip my CDs and Lame to compress to MP3 at very high quality VBR.
    Full details on where to download this free software and instructions on setting it all up are available Here

Mark.