• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help, upgrading TV

gameover16

Banned
I'm going to buy a new TV today and have found a couple in my budget range.

Samsung LE40C530
LG 42LD450
Samsung LE40C550
LG 42LE4500
LG 42LD490

Does anyone have any experience with these?

I'd prefer the 42" which is the LG's, also one of those is LED, is this better than LCD?

I'm upgrading from a Sanyo 32" HD Ready cheap thing i bought from ASDA, so i'm sure any will be a welcomed upgrade, but which is the best?

EmperorSid3116

Standard Member
LEDs are LCD TVs that don't use CCFL backlighting. From my experience, the LEDs have poor uniformity and have blue/grey patches across dark scenes. Also, the sound is poor because they are thinner sets. If you want a 42", then the LG 490 should be good. I'm getting the 37" version of that TV today so I hope it'll be worth the money!

gameover16

Banned
Ok thanks i'll skip the LED then.. I was just going to go for the highest there 42LD49, but a friend said Samsung is light years ahead and the quality is much better. i know with the LD49 i'm paying for the freeview HD and the Samsung 40" are £60 cheaper... Would the Samsung be better?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom