Question Help - Upgraded RAM and now cannot boot to Windows

Rob_Meister

Hi guys,

I am using an MSI X570-A Pro motherboard with Ryzen 5 3600 CPU and decided to upgrade my ram from 4 x 4GB 2400 sticks to 2 x 8GB 3600 sticks.

I ensured I put the new pair into the correct slots but for some reason the PC wouldn't boot - just gets stuck on black screen with cursor and blue loading circle next to it!

Wanting to get back into PC as priority I removed the new RAM and replaced the existing, but I am having the same problem.

The RAM is being correctly detected in bios though and I am not getting any error messages or beeps.

Help please!!

brunation

The RAM is being correctly detected in bios though and I am not getting any error messages or beeps.
I ensured I put the new pair into the correct slots but for some reason the PC wouldn't boot - just gets stuck on black screen with cursor and blue loading circle next to it!
The OS isn't booting: Windows 10?

What happens if you load BIOS defaults?

Edit:

Enter BIOS.
F6 for optimized defaults.
F10 to save.

Rob_Meister

Guess optimised defaults already set as I press F6 and says defaults loaded, but when I press F10 to save it says no changes have been made.

Yes trying to boot to Windows 10.

Annoying thing is can't even use troubleshoot because tries telling me password for my account is wrong. Looks like a common issue for people that logon using a pin!

Rob_Meister

Turned out to be a really silly thing! Looks like I have an old installation of windows on a spare SSD and during I assume what was a restore to bios the boot priority changed.

Switched back to correct boot drive and normal service resumed and working with new RAM installed.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom