• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Help, Unusual power cable old Panasonic TV (TK-P0E488)

DDavnet

Novice Member
Hi, I have a very old panasonic TV and the power cable got lost when I moved house. I can’t find anywhere the right type of power cable, it’s not one I’m familiar with. Can anyone help?
many thanks,
Dee
51D0864B-D515-4A38-B1CF-58D677BC019F.jpeg

Bacus

Distinguished Member
It will help if you can provide the model number of the TV set (normally found on a product label on the rear casing)
Is it a plasma TV or an old CRT TV or LCD ?
Do you know roughly how old the TV is ?

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Looking at the state of the plastics there it is pretty old.

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
That's not designed to be a removable power cable. I doubt you will be able to buy one off the shelf, but it might be possible to find the connector and make a new one from scratch. Ideally you need a picture of one to identify the wiring, or failing that open up the TV to work out live, neutral, earth order.

mikej

Are you sure that model number is right ? According to Google, there is literally only one mention of that model number on the whole of the internet and that's in this thread !

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom