1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Unsynchronised audio/video on DVD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by DVD Watcher, Mar 24, 2003.

1. DVD Watcher

DVD Watcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I've got a Sony AVD-S50 DVD player/amp and KEF 2005 speakers and I'm very happy with the set-up.

However, in the last couple of days I've noticed that on a couple of disks (24, American Pie) the audio has been unsynchronised (sometimes slightly, sometimes severely). It's quite distracting and not what I expect from a digital source!

Has anyone had a similar problem and is there a solution?

Thanks.

2. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Possibilities:

The DVD may be the problem - it happens from time to time (and it seems more frequent to me with R1 disks than R2) :suicide:

Sony DVD player - my old sony used to "get tired" of keeping things in sync, a quick stop and resume sorted it.

3. AOD

AOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    What are you viewing the image on?

TV/Plasma/Projector?

4. DVD Watcher

DVD Watcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    TV - Sony KV32FQ75.

It may be the "24" disc(s) I guess, but they're Region 2. I tried stopping and starting (I used to have that prob on my X-box when using it as a DVD player) but it didn't work.

Sony no help at all. Spoke to Techtronics (where I bought it) and they said they'd check to see if the software had been updated.

If anyone else has any ideas, gratefully received.

5. domfjbrown

domfjbrown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's probably the Sony actually... My old unreliable heap of junk I used to own was made by them - the Sony 525D. When it worked it worked WELL, but the first disc I ever noticed the lipsync problems on was....

American Pie (R1).

It got worse and worse, and even after hacking into the service mode and recalibrating the laser numerous times I never solved it. I've lent it out now as I got fed up with the problem; my £120 Samsung S224 might have its quirks but at least lipsync isn't one of them....

Contact Sony re firmware updates - I expect they've been crushed to death under all the letters on said matter though...