1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help understanding H&V frequency Quadscan Pro

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by cutes6, Dec 22, 2003.

1. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    First of all Merry Xmas everyone.

I need some help understanding readings for H & V frequency on my NEC 6pg + please,

My setup is Sky + into a Quadscan Pro out to my NEC crt via Vga to 5 bnc cable.

I have the Quad set up to out put XGA - what I don't understand are the readings of H = 40.4 and V = 50(4:3) and H = 40.3 and V = 50.9 (16:9)

The reason why I chose XGA is this gave me the best picture. I set this up a year ago and I am very happy with the picture I am getting even with an 8ft screen it's just that I wonder if I could set it up even better with a bit more knowledge and time. I had trouble with triple and quad output not with the picture quality but with adjusting the size of the picture to fit my large screen so settled with xga.

I have read many posts and just get more confused - I have spent many hours setting up the NEC and I am very proud of the fact that at Double output I can see the scan lines at 16ft on a 4:3 picture, what I need is some help from any experts out there that can help me get the best out of the Quadscan

thanks in advance