Help! TX-L32G10 or KDL32V5500 ?

Timmy69

Standard Member
I am looking for a 32" TV for mainly SD content with a smattering of HD and PC use for under a £1000. I got it down to the TX-L32G10 (£649)/ KDL32W5500 (£626), the Panny looked best in the showroom but the reviews have been quiet negative. I feel a 37" would be too big for the room but am tempted towards the TXP37X10B (£499).

Any advice or alternate suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:lease:

Last edited:

boxrick

I am looking for a 32" TV for mainly SD content with a smattering of HD and PC use for under a £1000. I got it down to the TX-L32G10 (£649)/ KDL32W5500 (£626), the Panny looked best in the showroom but the reviews have been quiet negative. I feel a 37" would be too big for the room but am tempted towards the TXP37X10B (£499).

Any advice or alternate suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:lease:

Id definately say go for the x10! Much better screen :thumbsup:

Monarch

Distinguished Member

+1, alternatively you could get the L32V10 (the model above the G10), I haven't seen any reviews or seen one in person but Panasonic give it a higher contrast ratio which hopefully means better black levels than the G10 which is it's main (or even only) major downfall...I'd get the X10 though :thumbsup:

Timmy69

Standard Member

Thanks for the vote - I am swaying towards the Plasma as I watch mainly SD content and refuse to pay Sky another £10 a month for HD.

I have read that the colours are a little off - anybody got any home experience of these displays ?

Monarch

Distinguished Member
The Panasonics colours are off to an extent due to the lack of picture controls but you still get a more natural image than on the LCDs, deffinitely go for it if you're watching SD, it's by far the best performer on the list in my opinion. There's a review of the 42" version on this site, it sums it all up pretty well

Timmy69

Standard Member
+1, alternatively you could get the L32V10 (the model above the G10), I haven't seen any reviews or seen one in person but Panasonic give it a higher contrast ratio which hopefully means better black levels than the G10 which is it's main (or even only) major downfall...I'd get the X10 though :thumbsup:

The V10 does sound nice but will require an explanation to the wife when she reads the credit card bill :nono:

Timmy69

Standard Member
The Panasonics colours are off to an extent due to the lack of picture controls but you still get a more natural image than on the LCDs, deffinitely go for it if you're watching SD, it's by far the best performer on the list in my opinion. There's a review of the 42" version on this site, it sums it all up pretty well

Thanks Monarch, I'll go view one at the weekend. Have you heard anything about the Philips 32PFL8404H other than to buy a warranty ?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom