1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP - Two outputs from one sound card??

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by dealmaker, Dec 8, 2003.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Guys,

Need some help here please. I have a high spec. DELL desktop with the standard soundcard output i.e 3.5mm jackplug.

I want to use the P.C as a music server through in the kitchen.

I have purchased some powered speakers (AE Aego 2's) to handle the sounds.

Question is - how do I get two outputs to allow me to run one cable through to the kitchen (to the AE sub/amp) and still retain my normal desktop PC speakers.

I know i can lash up some sort of "Y" piece connector but am worried that this will degrade the signal strength/quality too much (it has to run a fair way through the house to get to the kichen) - any other way of doing it - if not are soudcards with two jacks available?
    THANKS

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I use a headphone amplifier so I can output sound from my tv to headphones from the output sockets on the rear of the tv rather than plugging into the front which mutes the tv sound. (I am a little deaf and need to boost the sound whilst leaving normal sound from the speakers for others)This has 1 input and 2 output sockets of different sizes to suit the different headphone sockets, as well as an audio out plug on the rear, so something like this could solve your problem. Bought from Maplins for £25. This will also usefully amplify the level before feeding it down the cable.